Chestfield Barn, Whitstable, Kent

A Little History...

The Chestfield Barn originated as part of the Chestfield Manor in the 14th century, a possession of the half-brother of William the Conqueror, Odo, Bishop of Bayeux. It is believed that the Manor dates back to as early as 1084, particularly as it is mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086.

In the early part of the 20th Century the barn was converted in to a golf house by Abe Mitchell to service the 700 acre golf course constructed in 1924 by George Reeves. It then became the 'Barn Tea Rooms' before Shepherd Neame purchased and renovated the Grade II listed building in 1988, converting it into what visitors see today

Chestfield Barn, Whitstable, Kent